If you want to become a surrogate mother, Minnesota is one of the best states to do it. The process isn’t legal everywhere, but Minnesota law allows both traditional and gestational surrogacy.
Become a Surrogate Mother in Minnesota
In addition to the physical process itself, surrogacy involves a lot of legal work – contracts that, in order to be worth anything, must be enforceable. They aren’t in every state, which means that even if the surrogacy procedure is legal, the whole process could be canceled if one of the parties changed their mind or there was a disagreement.
However, in Minnesota surrogate mothers – alongside the intended parents – are protected by the full force of the law; Minnesota legislation supports these contracts, and the state’s courts have consistently upheld them.
Interested in becoming a surrogate mother in Minnesota? You may qualify if:
– you are between the ages of 21 and 41.
– you have had at least one (or more) easy pregnancies and deliveries.
– you have no children with genetic illnesses or other hereditary concerns.
– you are physically healthy and height/weight appropriate per FDA guidelines.
– you are a non-smoker, and do not abuse drugs or alcohol.
– you have never been convicted of a felony.
– you are professional in conduct, manner, and appearance.
And last, but certainly not least, in order to be a successful surrogate mother, you must also:
– have a strong drive and desire to help others in this unique way.
– love being pregnant!
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, then we’d love to hear from you! The next step on your journey to becoming a surrogate mother is to fill out our easy online application. Once you’ve submitted your application, one of our friendly, knowledgeable case managers will be in touch to discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have, as well as tell you what the next steps in the journey will be.
To get more answers right away, please see our Surrogate Mothers FAQ or download one (or all!) of our free reports. Thank you for your interest in becoming a surrogate mother with Minnesota Surrogacy!