Surrogacy Facts: Pros And Cons Of Surrogacy
It is normal for intended parents and aspiring surrogates to encounter stress and anxiety. Given this fact, learning the pros and cons of surrogacy in Minnesota is best for determining whether surrogacy is really for you. The key to any important decision is knowledge. When you are equipped with a proper understanding of the process, you will make the right decision. This guide relates the pros and cons of surrogacy.
Top Pros and Cons of Surrogacy: PROS
- Intended parents with fertility issues can have a baby with their own genetic makeup.
- Intended parents can select the surrogate mother who best meets their needs.
- Surrogacy gives intended parents extra support and guidance during the surrogate mother’s pregnancy, while at the same time providing a positive experience for the surrogate mother.
Top Pros and Cons of Surrogacy: CONS
- Some individuals and groups do not completely understand surrogacy, so these people may question or doubt the intended parents and the surrogate mother.
- The surrogacy process is very time-consuming. Patience is needed from both the intended parents and the surrogate mother. The surrogate mother will go through many medical procedures, which may cause frustration.
- For intended parents, the cost of the surrogacy journey is high because their insurance may not shoulder all the surrogate’s medical expenses.
Surrogacy has many pros and cons. However, given the positive factors, many look past the disadvantages because of the joy and satisfaction that surrogacy brings to the intended parents and the surrogate mother.